Wednesday 29 June 1927
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Fleming and Juan Muller.
The Joyless Street, directed by G.W. Pabst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
while Elmer Gantry by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1927!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1927 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Tom Fleming: Scottish poet, director, actor of stage and TV personality.
- Juan Muller: Brazilian psychologist and astrologer.
- Pierre Perrault: Canadian director and screenwriter (d. 1999).
- 1st flight from West Coast arrives in Hawaii
- First manned flight from West Coast of USA arrives in Hawaii.
- First test of Wallace Turnbull's controllable pitch propeller.
- A total eclipse of the sun took place over Wales, northern England, southern Scotland, Norway, northern Sweden, northmost Finland, and the northmost extremes of Russia. This eclipse barely missed the southern edge of Ireland.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?