Wednesday 30 June 1926
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Alexander and Pierre Sergent.
Faces of Children, directed by Jacques Feyder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Gentlemen Prefer Blondes by Anita Loos was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1926!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1926 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Peter Alexander: Austrian actor, singer and entertainer.
- Pierre Sergent: French officer in the Foreign Legion and one of the leaders of the Organisation de l'armée secrète (OAS) ["Organisation of the Secret Army"], a short-lived French dissident far-right paramilitary organisation during the Algerian War (1954–62).
- Andre Dufraisse: France sport Champion.
- Paul Berg: American biochemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Valencia - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- The Governor's Pardon - Vernon Dalhart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?