Thursday 2 June 1927
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 2, 1927). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include André Vandernoot and Harriet Woods.
Running Wild, directed by Gregory La Cava, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 June 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1927!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1927 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- André Vandernoot
- Harriet Woods: American politician and activist, a state senator and former Lieutenant Governor of Missouri, and two-time unsuccessful candidate for the US Senate.
- Phillip Burton: Historian (Vanishing Eagles).
- W Watts Biggers: American novelist and animator.
- W Biggers: American author screenwriter and animator (d. 2013).
- Christopher Slade: English lawyer and judge.