Thursday 9 June 1927
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Franco Donatoni and Norman Sisisky.
The Unknown, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1927!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1927 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Franco Donatoni: Composer.
- Norman Sisisky: (Rep-D-Virginia, 1983- ).
- Helmut Zilk: Austrian journalist and politician in the Austrian Social Democratic Party.
- Jim Nolan: American basketball player (d. 1983).
- The Soviet Union executes 20 Britons for alleged espionage.
- Léon Daudet, the leader of the French monarchists, is arrested in France.
- A ticker-tape parade is held for aviator Charles Lindbergh down 5th Avenue in New York City.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 June 1927
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?