Wednesday 15 June 1927
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hugo Pratt and Paul Roedel.
Old San Francisco, directed by Alan Crosland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1927!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1927 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Hugo Pratt: Italian famous cartoon strip author, first published in 1945; the creator of the character, Corto Maltese, which made him famous in the publication, "La Bataille de la mer salee.
- Paul Roedel: American accountant and CEO in charge of Carpenter Technology, a specialty steelmaker.
- Ross Andru: American illustrator (d. 1993).
- Ibn-e-Insha : Pakistani humorist and Urdu poet (Born 1927).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 June 1927
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?