Friday 30 June 1989
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Miguel Vitor and Asbel Kiprop.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Baby Don't Forget My Number by Milli Vanilli.
In UK Sealed With A Kiss by Jason Donovan was in the top 5 hits.
Lethal Weapon 2, directed by Richard Donner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Russia House by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mornin' Sarge.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Avoid the Noid or Friday the 13th.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1989!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1989 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Miguel Vitor: Portuguese footballer.
- Asbel Kiprop: Kenyan runner.
- Steffen Liebig: German rugby player.
- David Myers: Australian football player.
- Miguel Vítor: Portuguese footballer.
- Les Miserables, opens at Theatre Muzyczyny, Gdynia
- Attorney General Thornburgh orders Joseph Doherty deported to UK
- Congressman Lukins found guilty of having sex with a 16 year old girl
- Sudan suspends interim constitution following coup
- New York State Legislature passes Staten Island seccession bill.
- NASA closes down tracking stations in Santiago, Chile, and Guam.
- US Attorney General Thornburgh orders Joseph Doherty deported to the United Kingdom.
- Katherine Davalos Ortega ends term as US Treasurer.
- A military coup led by Omar al-Bashir ousts the civilian government of Prime Minister of Sudan Sadiq al-Mahdi.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 30 June 1989
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Milli Vanilli - Baby Don't Forget My Number
- Fine Young Cannibals - Good Thing
- Richard Marx - Satisfied
- Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance
- Simply Red - If You Don't Know Me By Now
- Madonna - Express Yourself
- Donna Summer - This Time I Know It's For Real
- Cyndi Lauper - I Drove All Night
- Natalie Cole - Miss You Like Crazy
- New Kids On The Block - I'll Be Loving You (Forever)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?