Friday 30 June 1989
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 30, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ginta Lapina and Asbel Kiprop.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Baby Don't Forget My Number by Milli Vanilli.
In UK Back To Life (However Do You Want Me) by Soul II Soul was in the top 5 hits.
Lethal Weapon 2, directed by Richard Donner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Temple Of My Familiar by Alice Walker was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Split Ends.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Austerlitz or Casino Kid.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 June 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1989!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1989 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Ginta Lapina
- Miguel Vitor: Portuguese footballer.
- Asbel Kiprop: Kenyan runner.
- Steffen Liebig: German rugby player.
- David Myers: Australian football player.
- Miguel Vítor: Portuguese footballer.
- Les Miserables, opens at Theatre Muzyczyny, Gdynia
- Attorney General Thornburgh orders Joseph Doherty deported to UK
- Congressman Lukins found guilty of having sex with a 16 year old girl
- Sudan suspends interim constitution following coup
- New York State Legislature passes Staten Island seccession bill.
- NASA closes down tracking stations in Santiago, Chile, and Guam.
- US Attorney General Thornburgh orders Joseph Doherty deported to the United Kingdom.
- Katherine Davalos Ortega ends term as US Treasurer.
- A military coup led by Omar al-Bashir ousts the civilian government of Prime Minister of Sudan Sadiq al-Mahdi.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Milli Vanilli - Baby Don't Forget My Number
- Fine Young Cannibals - Good Thing
- Richard Marx - Satisfied
- Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance
- Simply Red - If You Don't Know Me By Now
- Madonna - Express Yourself
- Donna Summer - This Time I Know It's For Real
- Cyndi Lauper - I Drove All Night
- Natalie Cole - Miss You Like Crazy
- New Kids On The Block - I'll Be Loving You (Forever)
Top #10 R&B songs
- Peabo Bryson - Show & Tell
- Keep On Movin' - Soul II Soul (Featuring Caron Wheeler)
- Diana Ross - Workin' Overtime
- Chuckii Booker - Turned Away
- Luther Vandross - For You To Love
- Surface - Shower Me With Your Love
- Levert - Gotta Get The Money
- Anita Baker - Lead Me Into Love
- Miles Jaye - Objective
- The Jacksons - Nothin (That Compares 2 U)
Top #10 Latin songs
- La Incondicional - Luis Miguel
- Jose Luis Rodriguez - BAILA MI RUMBA
- Este Ritmo Se Baila Asi - Chayanne
- Ana Gabriel - Simplemente Amigos
- Te Amo - Franco de Vita
- AMANDOTE Y SONANDOTE - Braulio
- Como Tu - Jose Jose
- Solo Con Un Beso - Ricardo Montaner
- Bamboleo/Caballo Viejo - Julio Iglesias
- Amor De Noche - Rocio Jurado
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?