Thursday 30 August 1917
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Denis Healey and Vladimir Kirillovich.
Thirst, directed by Greg Kiefer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 August 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 1917!
Which were the important events of 30 August 1917 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
- Denis Healey: English soldier and politician Chancellor of the Exchequer (d. 2015).
- Vladimir Kirillovich: Grand Duke of Russia, pretender to the Russian throne (d. 1992).
- Henry Sanson: France Military man.
- Duke: Grand Duke Vladimir Kirillovich of Russia (d. 1992).
- Uritsky: Leader of Petrogradse Czech.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- When the Sun Goes Down in Dixie (And the Moon Begins to Rise) - George Wilson & Lewis James
- There's a Long, Long Trail A-Winding - John McCormack