Tuesday 30 October 1917
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Maurice Trintignant and Anna Marly.
The Adventurer, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 October 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 October 1917!
Which were the important events of 30 October 1917 ?
- St. Marcel
- Bl. John Slade
- St. Theonestus
- St. Talacrian
- St. Herbert
- St. Serapion
- USA - Mischief Night in some areas (known as Devil's Night in Detroit)
- St. Macarius
- Also see October 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Zenobius & Zenobia
- St. Saturninus
- St. Dorothy of Montau
- St. Artemas
- St. Arilda
- St. Alfonso Rodrfguez
- Calendar of Saints - October 30th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Bl. Angelus of Acri
- St. Maximus
- Maurice Trintignant: French race car driver (Born 1917).
- Anna Marly
- Noël Castelain: French aviator in World War II, who accomplished 129 combat missions.
- Ruth Hussey: Providence, Rhode Island -- Actress (Another Thin Man, Philadelphia Story).
- Nikolai Ogarkov: Russian marshal (Flight KAL 007), dies at age 76.
- Bobby Bragan: American baseball player coach and manager (d. 2010).
- Nikolai Vasilievich Ogarkov: Soviet field marshal (d. 1994).
- Talbot Mercer Papineau: Canadian lawyer and soldier (Born 1883).
- British government gives final approval to Balfour Declaration
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Good-Bye Broadway, hello France - Peerless Quartet
- Nora Bayes - Over There
- 12th Street Rag - Earl Fuller's Novelty Orchestra