Friday 30 August 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 30, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peggy Lipton and Jacques Tardi.
Roll on Texas Moon, directed by William Witney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching I Love to Eat.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 August 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 1946!
Which were the important events of 30 August 1946 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
- Peggy Lipton: American actress, an archetypal hippie with long shining hair and hip garb.
- Jacques Tardi: With over 30 graphic novels, he is considred as being the leading European cartoonist of his generation.
- Queen Anne-Marie: of Greece.
- Humphrey Carpenter: Author.
- Roland Jakubowitz: Swiss professional astrologer, in Bern, originally trained as typographer.
- Anne-Marie : Queen consort of Greece (the Hellenes) as the wife of King Constantine II, who reigned from 1964 until 1973.
- Bob Beamon: Athlete.
- Konstantin Rodzaevsky: Russian fascist (executed) (Born 1907).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Ink Spots - To Each His Own
- Choo Choo Ch'Boogie - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five