Friday 30 August 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peggy Lipton and Jacques Tardi.
Caesar and Cleopatra, directed by Gabriel Pascal, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The King's General by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching I Love to Eat.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 1946!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 30 August 1946 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
- Peggy Lipton: American actress, an archetypal hippie with long shining hair and hip garb.
- Jacques Tardi: With over 30 graphic novels, he is considred as being the leading European cartoonist of his generation.
- Queen Anne-Marie: of Greece.
- Anne-Marie : Queen consort of Greece (the Hellenes) as the wife of King Constantine II, who reigned from 1964 until 1973.
- Roland Jakubowitz: Swiss professional astrologer, in Bern, originally trained as typographer.
- Konstantin Rodzaevsky: Russian fascist (executed) (Born 1907).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1946 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Rickety Rickshaw Man - Eddy Howard & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?