Tuesday 31 July 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 31, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ernie Dingo and Michael Biehn.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Canyon River, directed by Harmon Jones, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Gift From The Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Man Against Crime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 July 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1956!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1956 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Ernie Dingo: Australian Aboriginal actor and comedian with a magnetic screen presence who has broken new ground in the popular presentation of his native culture during an extensive and remarkable career in film and television.
- Michael Biehn: American actor director producer and screenwriter.
- Paul-Marie Coûteaux: French politician, writer, and former member of the European Parliament for Ile-de-France with the Mouvement pour la France, member of the Bureau of the Independence and Democracy and member of the European Parliament's Committee on Foreign Affairs.
- Deval Patrick: American lawyer and politician, Governor of Massachusetts from January 2007.
- Jacinta De Roeck: Director of HVV, the Humanistic Organization in Belgium.
- Lynne Perkins: American author and illustrator.
- Bill Callahan: American football player and coach.
- Mark Arden: English actor and screenwriter.
- Ron Kuby: American lawyer and radio host.
- August – The exhibition ''This Is Tomorrow'' opens at Whitechapel Art Gallery in London.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) - Doris Day
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Tony Martin - Walk Hand In Hand
- Sweet Old-Fashioned Girl - Teresa Brewer
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?