Monday 31 July 1978
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Will Champion and Tui Sutherland.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Miss You by The Rolling Stones.
In UK You're The One That I Want by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John was in the top 5 hits.
Piranha, directed by Joe Dante, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while Chesapeake by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Spearhead.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blasto or Dynasty (video game).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1978!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1978 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Will Champion: English musician (Coldplay).
- Tui Sutherland: Children's Author.
- Zac Brown: Country Singer.
- Zeta Makripoulia: Greek model actress and fashion designer.
- Nick Sorensen: American football player and sportscaster.
- Justin Wilson: English race car driver (d. 2015)
- Gunman shoots his way into Iraqi Embassy in Paris
- Pete Rose ties NL record hitting streak at 44
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?