Sunday 9 July 1978
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kandee Johnson and Kara Goucher.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Shadow Dancing by Andy Gibb.
In UK You're The One That I Want by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John was in the top 5 hits.
Foul Play, directed by Colin Higgins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while Scribble Scribble by Nora Ephron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Top Gear.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Clowns or The Cottage.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1978!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1978 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- Kandee Johnson: YouTube Star.
- Kara Goucher: American long distance runner.
- Mark Medlock: German singer.
- Linda Park: South Korean-American actress.
- Nuno Santos: Portuguese footballer.
- Hello, Dolly! closes at Lunt-Fontanne Theater NYC after 152 performances
- American Nazi Party, holds a rally at Marquette Park, Chicago
- Jane Blalock wins LPGA Wheeling Golf Classic
- Nearly 100,000 demonstrators march on Washington DC for Equal Rights Amendment.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?