Sunday 2 July 1978
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Julie Night and Juri Ratas.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Shadow Dancing by Andy Gibb.
In UK You're The One That I Want by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John was in the top 5 hits.
Heaven Can Wait, directed by Warren Beatty, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while Gnomes by Rien Poortvliet was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Everyday Maths.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing A Game of Concentration or Superman.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1978!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1978 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Julie Night: American pornographic actress.
- Juri Ratas: Estonian politician.
- Diana Gurtskaya: Georgian-Russian singer-songwriter.
- Jüri Ratas: Estonian politician 42nd Mayor of Tallinn.
- Owain Yeoman: Welsh actor.
- Aris Alexandrou: Greek novelist, poet and translator (Born 1922).
- Pitcher Ron Guidry sets New York Yankees record of 13-0 start.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?