Tuesday 4 July 1978, US Independence Day
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Becki Newton and Rochester (New York).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Shadow Dancing by Andy Gibb.
In UK You're The One That I Want by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John was in the top 5 hits.
Convoy, directed by Sam Peckinpah, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while Eye Of The Needle by Ken Follett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Everyday Maths.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Air-Sea War - Battle (Europe) Armored Encounter! / Subchase! (US) or Sky Diver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1978!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 4 July 1978 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- Becki Newton: American actress.
- Rochester (New York)
- Cumberland (Maryland)
- Marcos Daniel: Brazilian tennis player.
- Andrea Gabriel: American actress producer and screenwriter.
- Stephen Rannazzisi
- Katia Zygouli: Greek model and actress.
- Tatyana Jecmenica: Novi Sad, Yugoslavia -- Tennis star (1995 Futures-Novi Sad).
- Emile Mpenza: Belgian footballer.
- Vicky Kaya: Greek model and actress.
- Stephen McNally: British singer and songwriter (BBMak).
- Émile Mpenza: Belgian footballer.
- Memphis fire fighters halt 3-day strike under a court order
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?