Saturday 31 March 1934
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Grigori Grigoyevich Nelyubov and John D Loudermilk rock drummer/vocalist ("Language of Love".
Death Takes a Holiday, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while So Red the Rose by Stark Young was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 March 1934!
Which were the important events of 31 March 1934 ?
- Saint Cornelia
- CTsar Ch�vez Day - official holiday in five states and many cities across the U.S.
- Freedom Day in Malta.
- Saint Amos
- Saint Benjamin
- Blessed Hendrik Werner
- Saint Balbina of Rome
- New Jersey - Thomas Mundy Peterson Day.
- Grigori Grigoyevich Nelyubov: Russia -- Cosmonaut (Vostok 1 backup).
- John D Loudermilk rock drummer/vocalist ("Language of Love": "Norman").
- Wim H: Sinnige; Dutch alderman of finance (social democratic).
- John D Loudermilk: American singer and songwriter.
- Richard Chamberlain: American actor seen on TV and film.
- Shirley Jones: American actress of TV and film, singer and leader of the famed Partridge Family Band. She starred in the films "Oklahoma" in 1955, "Carousel" in 1956, "The Music Man" in 1962 and "Elmer Gantry" in 1960 for which she won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress.
- John Loudermilk: American Country-Western singer, a strange figure from the early days of rock ’n’ roll. He performed under the names Johnny Dee and Ebe Sneezer and the Epidemics, and although an eccentric singer, he was more of a songwriter. His last big success was "Indian Reservation," a hit recorded by Paul Revere and the Raiders during 1971.
- Carlo Rubbia: Italian nuclear physicist who, with his partner Simon van der Meer, won the 1984 Nobel Prize for Physics. Their discovery of the massive short-lived subatomic W particle and Z particle provided another step toward proving the unification theory.
- Kamala Surayya: Indian poet and author
- Franz Ehrle: German jesuit/head of Vatican library, dies at age 88.
- Netherlands Indies BC Ltd begins radio transmission (Indonesia)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?