August 1905 calendar
Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened in August 1905.
The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
But much more happened on August 1905: find out below
Which were the important events of August 1905?
- 06 Aug 1905 26.7 cm rainfall at Princeton, Indiana (state record)
- 10 Aug 1905 Russo-Japanese War: peace negotiations begin in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
- 12 Aug 1905 King Leopold II opens Central Station Antwerp
- 14 Aug 1905 Ngindo-rebellion killed 5 RC German clergymen in East-Africa
- 15 Aug 1905 Philadelphia Athletics Rube Waddell no-hits Saint Louis Browns, 2-0 in five innings.
- 16 Aug 1905 Mbunga-rebellion occupy German post Ifakara East-Africa
- 17 Aug 1905 Dutch government of De Master begins
- 19 Aug 1905 Russian tsar installs Imperial Duma, without legislative powers
- 24 Aug 1905 Chicago Cubs beat the Philadelphia Phillies 2-1 in 20 innings.
- 25 Aug 1905 'Ancient Order of Druids' initiate neo-druidic rituals at Stonehenge in England.
- 29 Aug 1905 Pierre de Brazza leaves Brazzaville
- 30 Aug 1905 Pogoro / Ngindo attack Fort Mahenge German East-Africa
- 31 Aug 1905 25th US Mens Tennis: Beals C Wright beats Holcombe Ward (62 61 119)
American actress whose political views...
Mexican-American actress and singer (d....
French composer (d. 1974).
- See more
Which were the top hits in August 1905?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Arthur Collins - The Preacher and the Bear
- Corrine Morgan & Haydn Quartet - Dearie
- Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan - Come Along, Little Girl, Come Along
- Joe Belmont & Arthur Pryor's Band - The Chirpers
- Arthur Pryor's Band - In the Shade of the Old Apple Tree