Sunday 27 August 1905
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 27, 1905). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alexander Johnston and Heinz Lammerding.
The Little Train Robbery, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 August 1905
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1905!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1905 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- Alexander Johnston: CEO (Board of Inland Revenue).
- Heinz Lammerding: German Nazi Brigadeführer (Brigadier General) in the Waffen-SS and a commander of 2. SS-Division Das Reich.
- Roger Bisseron: France sport Champion.
- Aris Velouchiotis: Greek guerrilla resistance leader (Born 1905).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1905 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Come Along, Little Girl, Come Along - Haydn Quartet
- In the Shade of the Old Apple Tree - Arthur Pryor's Band
- The Chirpers - Joe Belmont & Arthur Pryor's Band
- Come Along, Little Girl, Come Along - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Dearie - Corrine Morgan & Haydn Quartet