Tuesday 29 August 1905US date format: 8/29/1905, UK date format: 29/8/1905
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 29, 1905). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Martinus A Jansen and Lan Adomian.
The Little Train Robbery, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 August 1905
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1905!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1905 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Lan Adomian: Composer.
- Martinus A Jansen: Bishop of Rotterdam (1956-70).
- Suzanne Faure-Beaulieu: France sport Champion.
- Dhyan Chand: Indian field hockey player (d. 1979).
- Arndt Pekurinen: Finnish pacifist (Born 1905).
- Pierre de Brazza leaves Brazzaville