Tuesday 29 August 1905
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lan Adomian and Martinus A Jansen.
Ensalada criolla, directed by Eugene Py, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1905!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1905 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Lan Adomian: Composer.
- Martinus A Jansen: Bishop of Rotterdam (1956-70).
- Suzanne Faure-Beaulieu: France sport Champion.
- Dhyan Chand: Indian field hockey player (d. 1979).
- Arndt Pekurinen: Finnish pacifist (Born 1905).
- Pierre de Brazza leaves Brazzaville
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1905 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Dearie - Corrine Morgan & Haydn Quartet
- Come Along, Little Girl, Come Along - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- The Chirpers - Joe Belmont & Arthur Pryor's Band
- Come Along, Little Girl, Come Along - Haydn Quartet
- In the Shade of the Old Apple Tree - Arthur Pryor's Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?