March 1903 calendar
Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened in March 1903.
The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
But much more happened on March 1903: find out below
Which were the important events of March 1903?
- 02 Mar 1903 Martha Washington Hotel, catering to women only, opens in New York City, New York.
- 03 Mar 1903 North Carolina becomes first state requiring registration of nurses.
- 05 Mar 1903 Definitive treaty for construction of Baghdad railway drawn.
- 10 Mar 1903 Harry Gammeter, Cleveland, patents multigraph duplicating machine.
- 12 Mar 1903 New York Highlanders (Yankees) approved as members of AL
- 14 Mar 1903 Stanley Cup: Ottawa Silver 7 sweep Rat Portage Thisles in two games.
- 15 Mar 1903 Frederick Lugard occupies Sokoto West Africa.
- 19 Mar 1903 The oldest Turkish football club, Besiktas JK, is founded in Istanbul.
- 22 Mar 1903 Niagera Falls runs out of water because of a drought.
- 23 Mar 1903 Wright brothers obtain airplane patent.
- 26 Mar 1903 American Hotel opens in Amsterdam.
- 31 Mar 1903 Richard Pearse allegedly makes a powered flight in an early aircraft.
Russian-French astrologer, scholar,...
French author, university professor, and...
of Japan (d. 2000).
- See more
English novelist (Born 1834).
British soldier (Born 1854).
dies at age 68.
dies at age 88.
- See more
Which were the top hits in March 1903?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Haydn Quartet - In the Good Old Summer Time
- J. Aldrich Libbey - In the Sweet Bye and Bye
- Cal Stewart - Uncle Josh's Troubles in a Hotel
- Cal Stewart & Ada Jones - Uncle Josh and Aunt Nancy Smith on a visit to New York
- J.W. Myers - My Own United States