Sunday 22 March 1903
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Lods and James S Russell.
while The Virginian by Owen Wister was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1903!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1903 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Jean Lods: French film director who played an important part in avant-garde films, mainly documentaries and pioneer of film as an art media with the release of "Maillol," 1942.
- James S Russell: US pilot / Admiral (WWII Pacific Ocean).
- Jochen Klepper: writer.
- Léopold Gimié: French civil aviation wireless operator, teammate of Jean Mermoz.
- Michele Mitoli: Italy Scientist.
- Bill Holman: American cartoonist (d. 1987).
- Niagera Falls runs out of water because of a drought.
- New York Highlanders (New York Yankees) tickets first go on sale.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?