Sunday 22 March 1903
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 22, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Lods and Jochen Klepper.
Miniature Prize Fighters, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 March 1903
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1903!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1903 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Jean Lods: French film director who played an important part in avant-garde films, mainly documentaries and pioneer of film as an art media with the release of "Maillol," 1942.
- James S Russell: US pilot / Admiral (WWII Pacific Ocean).
- Jochen Klepper: writer.
- Léopold Gimié: French civil aviation wireless operator, teammate of Jean Mermoz.
- Michele Mitoli: Italy Scientist.
- Bill Holman: American cartoonist (d. 1987).
- Niagera Falls runs out of water because of a drought.
- New York Highlanders (New York Yankees) tickets first go on sale.