Thursday 1 January 1920, NewYear’s Day
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Elisabeth Andersen [Anna de Bruyn] and Roger Peacock.
Kämpfende Gewalten oder Welt ohne Krieg, directed by Fritz Bernhardt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1920!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1920 ?
- Elisabeth Andersen [Anna de Bruyn]: Dutch actress (Yerma, Titania).
- Roger Peacock: writer.
- Alfred Tomatis: Son of a French opera singer.
- Marceau Stricanne: France sport Champion.
- Osvaldo Cavandoli: Italian cartoonist, creator of La Linea (Born 1920).
- Mahmoud Zoufonoun: Iranian-American violinist (d. 2013)
- The Belorussian Communist Organisation is founded as a separate party.
- Babe Ruth is traded by the Red Sox for $125,000, the largest sum ever paid for a player at that time.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Christmas Time at Pumpkin Center - Cal Stewart & Ada Jones & Peerless Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?