Thursday 1 January 1920
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Kämpfende Gewalten oder Welt ohne Krieg, directed by Fritz Bernhardt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1920!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1920 ?
- Osvaldo Cavandoli: Italian cartoonist, creator of La Linea (Born 1920).
- Mahmoud Zoufonoun: Iranian-American violinist (d. 2013).
- Alfred Tomatis: Son of a French opera singer.
- Elisabeth Andersen [Anna de Bruyn]: Dutch actress (Yerma, Titania).
- Roger Peacock: writer.
- Marceau Stricanne: France sport Champion
- The Belorussian Communist Organisation is founded as a separate party.
- Babe Ruth is traded by the Red Sox for $125,000, the largest sum ever paid for a player at that time.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Christmas Time at Pumpkin Center - Cal Stewart & Ada Jones & Peerless Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?