Friday 2 November 1962
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andrew Elt and Simon Hill.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to He's A Rebel by The Crystals.
In UK Telstar by The Tornados was in the top 5 hits.
Mutiny on the Bounty, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while A Shade Of Difference by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jedermannstraße 11.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1962!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1962 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Andrew Elt: Singer (Sleeze Beez).
- Simon Hill: English-Australian football commentator.
- Donna Spangler: American professional model, blonde, attractive.
- David Brock: American political commentator, pundit.
- Mireille Delunsch: French soprano and actress.
- Derek Mountfield: English footballer and manager
- Felice Lattuada: Composer, dies at 80.
- JFK announces Cuban missile bases were being dismantled
- US President John Kennedy announces Cuban missile bases are being dismantled.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 November 1962
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Crystals - He's A Rebel
- Gene Pitney - Only Love Can Break A Heart
- The Contours - Do You Love Me
- Bobby (Boris) Pickett - Monster Mash
- Brenda Lee - All Alone Am I
- The 4 Seasons - Big Girls Don't Cry
- Johnny Mathis - Gina
- Chubby Checker - Limbo Rock
- Neil Sedaka - Next Door To An Angel
- Elvis Presley - Return To Sender
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?