Friday 9 November 1962
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to He's A Rebel by The Crystals.
In UK Lovesick Blues by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
Mutiny on the Bounty, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while A Shade Of Difference by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1962!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1962 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
Famous Birthdays:09 November
- Dutch Catharina Lodders elected Miss World
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Crystals - He's A Rebel
- The 4 Seasons - Big Girls Don't Cry
- Brenda Lee - All Alone Am I
- Elvis Presley - Return To Sender
- Gene Pitney - Only Love Can Break A Heart
- Neil Sedaka - Next Door To An Angel
- Johnny Mathis - Gina
- Bobby (Boris) Pickett - Monster Mash
- The Contours - Do You Love Me
- Chubby Checker - Popeye The Hitchhiker
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?