Sunday 11 November 1962, Veteran's Day
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Demi Moore [Guynes] in Roswell and Demi Moore.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to He's A Rebel by The Crystals.
In UK Lovesick Blues by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
Mutiny on the Bounty, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while A Shade Of Difference by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Höhlenkinder.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1962!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1962 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Demi Moore [Guynes] in Roswell: New Mexico, USA; actress (7th Sign, Blame it on Rio).
- Demi Moore: American actress, a model before TV and films.
- Robert Shannon: American bantamweight boxer, member of the 1980 Olympics team which was aborted due to international conflicts.
- Gerard Horan: English actor.
- Mic Michaeli: Swedish keyboard player (Europe Brazen Abbot and Last Autumn's Dream).
- Georgios Mitsibonas: Greek footballer (d. 1997)
- James Morrison: Australian trumpet player and composer
- Kendra Slawinski: English netball player and coach
- Joseph Allen Jr: Actor (All Women Have Secrets), dies at 44.
- Kuwait's National Assembly ratifies the Constitution of Kuwait.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 November 1962
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Crystals - He's A Rebel
- The 4 Seasons - Big Girls Don't Cry
- Brenda Lee - All Alone Am I
- Elvis Presley - Return To Sender
- Gene Pitney - Only Love Can Break A Heart
- Neil Sedaka - Next Door To An Angel
- Johnny Mathis - Gina
- Bobby (Boris) Pickett - Monster Mash
- The Contours - Do You Love Me
- Chubby Checker - Popeye The Hitchhiker
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?