Saturday 1 November 2003
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hudson Yang .
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Baby Boy by Beyonce.
In UK Where Is The Love? by The Black Eyed Peas was in the top 5 hits.
Love Actually, directed by Richard Curtis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The South Beach Diet by Arthur Agatston was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Slings and Arrows.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Crash Nitro Kart or X2: Wolverine's Revenge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2003.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 2003!
Which were the important events of 1 November 2003 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Israeli-Palestinian conflict: In Israel, a hard-hitting UN report says that Israel will effectively annex large areas of Palestinian territory as a result of the permits it intends to issue to Palestinians near the wall being built. The Israeli West Bank barrier has been built inside the internationally recognised Green Line about 18,000 acres (73nbspkmampsupamp2amp/supamp) and cuts off the rest of the West Bank. It has been declared a ampquotclosed military zoneampquot.
- The October Taylor Nelson Sofres / EOS Gallup EU poll reportedly shows that 59% of Europeans think that Israel is a threat to world peace (greater threat to world peace than North Korea, Iran, or Afghanistan). Also according to the poll, Europeans believe the United States surpasses the ampquotaxis of evilampquot (i.e., Iran, Iraq, and North Korea) and Afghanistan for countries that contribute most to world instability. Around 7,500 people from 15 different European countries were surveyed.
- Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe announces an overhaul of his cabinet and changes to the central bank aimed at tackling acute economic problems.
- Communications in the United Kingdom are disrupted as the Royal Mail faces a wave of unofficial strikes.
- Fire fighters in California begin to gain the upper hand as they battle against the wildfires in Southern California.
- The United States prosecutes Greenpeace for protesting illegal mahogany trade under an 1872 law against ampquotsailormongeringampquot.
- Taipei celebrates the first gay pride parade in either part of China. Approximately 1,000 people march.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?