Tuesday 4 November 2003
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Baby Boy by Beyonce.
In UK Where Is The Love? by The Black Eyed Peas was in the top 5 hits.
Love Actually, directed by Richard Curtis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The South Beach Diet by Arthur Agatston was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2003.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 November 2003!
Which were the important events of 4 November 2003 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 November
- The U.S. National Cancer Institute is funding human clinical studies to test experimental reovirus-based cancer treatments, after initial studies show promising results against a number of different types of tumor which contain the Ras oncogene.
- War on Terrorism: In Saudi Arabia, an attempt at a terror attack on Saudi officials, pilgrims, or both, in the holy city of Mecca is foiled plotters believed to be linked to Al Qaeda.
- Occupation of Iraq: For the second night running the HQ of the coalition in central Baghdad comes under attack huge explosions are heard.
- Whilst the Sri Lankan prime minister Ranil Wickremesinghe is visiting the United States, the country's president Chandrika Kumaratunga suspends parliament and deploys troops, effectively putting the country into a state of martial law.
- The Anglican Church splits over gay bishop. Half the archbishops of the Anglican union denounce the Episcopal Church's consecration of the world's first openly gay, non-celibate bishop and vowed not to recognize the appointment.
- The sun surprises astronomers by launching another solar flare, this time the largest ever recorded.
- Software company Novell has announced that it will purchase Linux distributor SuSE.
- A study in Germany shows that leeches can help with arthritis pain, apparently because their saliva contains anti-inflammatories.
- Mark Messier of the New York Rangers scores two goals against the Dallas Stars, giving him 1851 to pass Gordie Howe and to move into second place on the NHL career points list.
- Mexican President Vicente Fox begins a three state trip to the United States with a stop in Arizona, where he addresses immigration issues. A man is reportedly injured at a shooting near the place Fox spoke.
- Canadian author M.G. Vassanji is awarded the Giller Prize for his book ''The In-Between World of Vikram Lall''.
- In Ecuador, Angel Shingre, a campesino leader and human rights campaigner who played a key role in bringing to light environmental problems caused by oil exploration in Ecuador's Amazon region, is assassinated in the city of Coca.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?