Sunday 16 November 2003
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Baby Boy by Beyonce.
In UK Be Faithful by Fatman Scoop featuring The Crooklyn Clan was in the top 5 hits.
Timeline, directed by Richard Donner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Key of Light by Nora Roberts was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2003.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 2003!
Which were the important events of 16 November 2003 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 November
- Bettina Goislard: French relief worker (Born 1974).
- The Serbian presidential election fails as only 38% of the registered electorate show up to vote. About 18% of registered voters cast a vote for Tomislav Nikolic, 14% for Dragoljub Micunovic, 4% for Velimir Ilic, and 3% for other candidates. With a turnout of less than 50%, the poll is declared invalid.
- Occupation of Iraq:
- An audio-tape, purportedly from Saddam Hussein, airs on the Dubai station al-Arabiya. The CIA later informs that it is probably not the voice of Saddam Hussein.
- At least two loud blasts echo across Baghdad after dark on Sunday night.
- Top Iraqi scientist Dr. Modher Sadeq-Saba al-Tamimi flees to Iran. After eight months without work, and with no clear plans from the occupying Coalition, the scientist seeks work abroad. Iranian officials deny the claims.
- In the United Kingdom, Tony Blair faces the ampquotelectoral poisonampquot of U.S. President George W. Bush's state visit next week.
- A BBC poll suggests that there is dangerously poor AIDS awareness in China and India the poll leaves little grounds for optimism.
- Israeli-Palestinian conflict: In Israel, four former heads of Shin Bet say Israel is heading for disaster unless Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's right-wing government changes its policies with regard to the Palestinians and begins negotiations.
- A 7.5-magnitude earthquake in the Aleutian Islands in Alaska triggers tsunami warnings.
- 2003 Rugby Union World Cup: England beats France 24–7 in high winds and heavy rain in the World Cup semi-final.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?