Wednesday 1 September 1971
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gabe Wilkins and Ricardo Antonio Chavira.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey by Paul & Linda McCartney.
In UK I'm Still Waiting by Diana Ross was in the top 5 hits.
The Man Who Haunted Himself, directed by Basil Dearden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Whistle Test.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1971!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1971 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Gabe Wilkins: NFL defensive end (Green Bay Packers - Super Bowl 31).
- Ricardo Antonio Chavira: American actor.
- Laam: French singer.
- Hakan Sukur: Turkish footballer.
- Jimmy Reiher: Jr.
- Rachel Zoe: Fashion Designer
- Deuce : Fijian-American wrestler
- Lââm : French singer
- Mohammed Al-Khilaiwi: Saudi Arabian footballer (d. 2013)
- Ricardo Chavira: American actor
- Joe Enochs: American soccer player and manager
- Yoshitaka Hirota: Japanese bass player and composer
- Hakan Şükür: Turkish footballer and politician
- Dave Wittenberg: South African-American voice actor and screenwriter
- John Newcombe is 1st top-seed man to lose in 1st round of US Open
- Rolling Stones sue manager Allen Klein
- Qatar declares independence from Britain.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul & Linda McCartney - Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey
- Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
- The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes
- Aretha Franklin - Spanish Harlem
- Donny Osmond - Go Away Little Girl
- Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine
- John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads
- Five Man Electrical Band - Signs
- Three Dog Night - Liar
- Rare Earth - I Just Want To Celebrate
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?