Saturday 12 August 1950
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
No Way Out, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 August 1950!
Which were the important events of 12 August 1950 ?
- Iris Berben: German actress and comedienne known for TV comedies.
- George McGinnis: American athlete, who began his professional basketball career in 1971 and played seven seasons, primarily for Indiana.
- Jacky Mamou: French physician who served from 1996 to 2000 as president of 'Médecins du Monde' or Doctors of the World, an international humanitarian non-profit organization that provides emergency and long-term medical care to vulnerable populations while advocating for equal access to healthcare worldwide.
- Jim Beaver: American actor and writer.
- Pope Pius XII publishes encyclical Humani generis
- New York Giants (NFL) beat Ottawa Roughriders (Canadian Football League) 20-6 in Ottawa, Canada.
- Korean War: Bloody Gulch massacre.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Red Foley & Ernest Tubb - Goodnight, Irene
- Can Anyone Explain? (No, No, No!) - Ames Brothers
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?