Monday 2 December 1974
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Kung Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas.
In UK Gonna Make You A Star by David Essex was in the top 5 hits.
Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore, directed by Martin Scorsese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Something Happened by Joseph Heller was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Münchner Geschichten.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gran Trak 10 or Maze War.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 December 1974!
Which were the important events of 2 December 1974 ?
- Laos - National Day
- United Arab Emirates - National Day (independence from Britain, 1971)
- R.C. Saints - St Bibiana
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 December
- Sofie-Carmen Eckhardt-Gramatte: Composer, dies at 72.
- Cowhide, rather than just horsehide, can be used to make baseballs
- Soyuz 16 launched into Earth orbit for six days.
- Giant Baba beats Jack Brisco in Kagoshimi, to become NWA champion.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting
- Billy Swan - I Can Help
- The Three Degrees - When Will I See You Again
- B.T. Express - Do It ('Til You're Satisfied)
- Harry Chapin - Cat's In The Cradle
- Helen Reddy - Angie Baby
- Bobby Vinton - My Melody Of Love
- Bachman-Turner Overdrive - You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet
- Al Green - Sha-La-La (Make Me Happy)
- Barry White - You're The First, The Last, My Everything
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?