Thursday 19 December 1974
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Cat's In The Cradle by Harry Chapin.
In UK Lonely This Christmas by Mud was in the top 5 hits.
Black Christmas, directed by Bob Clark, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Something Happened by Joseph Heller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1974!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1974 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Eduard Ivakdalam: Indonesian footballer.
- Joe Jurevicius: American football player.
- Felipe Lopez: Dominican-American basketball player.
- Mikko Paananen: Finnish bass player (HIM).
- Jake Plummer: American football player and sportscaster.
- Man With Golden Gun premieres in US
- Dave Kryskow scores Washington Capitals' first NHL shorthanded goal.
- Nelson A Rockefeller sworn-in as the 41st Vice-President.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Harry Chapin - Cat's In The Cradle
- Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting
- Helen Reddy - Angie Baby
- The Three Degrees - When Will I See You Again
- Barry White - You're The First, The Last, My Everything
- Elton John - Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
- Al Green - Sha-La-La (Make Me Happy)
- Paul McCartney - Junior's Farm
- Billy Swan - I Can Help
- B.T. Express - Do It ('Til You're Satisfied)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?