Friday 13 December 1974
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Lewis and Debbie Matenopoulos.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Kung Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas.
In UK Lonely This Christmas by Mud was in the top 5 hits.
Black Christmas, directed by Bob Clark, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Something Happened by Joseph Heller was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Münchner Geschichten.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Elimination or Gran Trak 10.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1974!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1974 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Chris Lewis: Canadian Football League safety (Calgary Stampeders).
- Debbie Matenopoulos: American television personality and actress.
- Richard Dourthe: French rugby player, a member of the French rugby team 1999, playing as number 8..
- Sara Cox: English radio and television host.
- Nicholas McCarthy: English singer and guitarist.
- Rufe Davis: Actor (Floyd Smoot-Petticoat Junction), dies at 66.
- Malta becomes a republic within the Commonwealth of Nations
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting
- The Three Degrees - When Will I See You Again
- Billy Swan - I Can Help
- Harry Chapin - Cat's In The Cradle
- Helen Reddy - Angie Baby
- B.T. Express - Do It ('Til You're Satisfied)
- Barry White - You're The First, The Last, My Everything
- Al Green - Sha-La-La (Make Me Happy)
- Elton John - Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
- Paul McCartney - Junior's Farm
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?