Friday 20 December 1974
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Cat's In The Cradle by Harry Chapin.
In UK Lonely This Christmas by Mud was in the top 5 hits.
Black Christmas, directed by Bob Clark, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Something Happened by Joseph Heller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 December 1974!
Which were the important events of 20 December 1974 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Dominic of Silos
- Also see December 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The first All Faiths Day was celebrated in 2003 in Canandaigua, New York.
- Carlos Da Cruz: French road bicycle racer.
- Augie Ojeda: Los Angeles, California -- Baseball infielder (1996 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Die : Japanese guitarist songwriter and producer (Dir En Grey).
- Paul Linger: English footballer.
- Andre Jolivet: French composer.
- George Harrison releases his Dark Horse album in the UK
- Ethiopia becomes socialist one-party state.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Harry Chapin - Cat's In The Cradle
- Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting
- Helen Reddy - Angie Baby
- The Three Degrees - When Will I See You Again
- Barry White - You're The First, The Last, My Everything
- Elton John - Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
- Al Green - Sha-La-La (Make Me Happy)
- Paul McCartney - Junior's Farm
- Billy Swan - I Can Help
- B.T. Express - Do It ('Til You're Satisfied)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?