Sunday 2 January 1955
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
Bad Day at Black Rock, directed by John Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1955!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1955 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Tex Brashear: American voice actor.
- Raymond Santucci: American homosexual male; met his partner 8/22/1990 at 10:15 PM; by 10:55 PM they had sex and he contacted AIDS at that time.
- Vivien Savage: French singer.
- 1st Bob Cummings Show premieres on NBC (later on CBS)
- José Antonio Remón Cantera, president of Panama, is assassinated at a race track in Panama City.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1955 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Eddie Calvert - Oh Mein Papa
- Frankie Laine - Blowing Wild
- Winifred Atwell - Let's Have A Party
- David Whitfield - Rags To Riches
- Mantovani - Swedish Rhapsody
- The Finger Of Suspicion - Dickie Valentine With The Stargazers
- Mambo Italiano - Rosemary Clooney & The Mellomen
- No One But You - Billy Eckstine
- Ronnie Hilton - I Still Believe
- Ruby Murray - Heartbeat
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 2 January 1955 and get them!