Saturday 15 January 1955
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Enrico Mentana in Milan and Thierry Breton.
In UK The Finger Of Suspicion by Dickie Valentine With The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
Bad Day at Black Rock, directed by John Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Marjorie Morningstar by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Millionaire.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 1955!
Which were the important events of 15 January 1955 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
- Enrico Mentana in Milan: Italy; Italian newscaster (RAI).
- Thierry Breton: French businessman and a former finance minister of France.
- Nigel Benson: English author and illustrator.
- Khalid Islambouli: Egyptian lieutenant (d. 1982).
- Yves Tanguy: French surrealist painter, son of a retired navy captain.
- 1st official act of Princess Beatrice, launches tanker Vasum
- USSR ends state of war with German Federal Republic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1955 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Ames Brothers - The Naughty Lady Of Shady Lane
- (My Baby Don't Love Me) No More - DeJohn Sisters
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?