Tuesday 18 January 1955
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK The Finger Of Suspicion by Dickie Valentine With The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
Bad Day at Black Rock, directed by John Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 January 1955!
Which were the important events of 18 January 1955 ?
- Winnie The Pooh Day (In observance of the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne, 1882.)
- Christian ecumenism - Week of Prayer for Christian Unity begins
- Kevin Costner: American actor, cool and determined, driven to get what he aims for.
- Johannes AM "Hans" van Tongeren: Dutch actor (Hunk).
- Kevin Costner in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor/director (Fandango, Silverado, Bull Durham).
- Mable Fergerson: Los Angeles, California -- 4x400m runner (1972 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Frankie Knuckles: American DJ and producer (d. 2014).
- Fergus Martin: Irish artist
- Battle of Yijiangshan is fought.
- January 20 ampndash Battle of Yijiangshan Islands: The Chinese Communist People's Liberation Army seizes the islands from the Republic of China (Taiwan).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1955 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Ames Brothers - The Naughty Lady Of Shady Lane
- (My Baby Don't Love Me) No More - DeJohn Sisters
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?