Sunday 30 March 1947
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Paul Bachy and Jürgen Fliege.
The Farmer's Daughter, directed by H.C. Potter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Juvenile Jury.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 March 1947!
Which were the important events of 30 March 1947 ?
- Saint John Climacus (died 649)
- Easter in 1975, 1986, 1991, and 1997.
- Roman Empire - Festival devoted to Salus.
- Land Day.
- Spiritual Baptist/Shouter Liberation Day - Public holiday in Trinidad and Tobago.
- National Doctors' Day - observed in the USA.
- Saint Quirinus (d. 117)
- Saint Veronus
- Blessed Amadeus IX of Savoy
- Jean-Paul Bachy: French politician and the incumbent President of the Regional Council of Champagne-Ardenne.
- Jürgen Fliege: Theologian, journalist and talk show host.
- Roberto Formigoni: Italian politician; leader of the popular movement of the Community of Liberation and member of the European Parliament.
- Peter Gay: American troubleshooter for an industrial company, killed aboard the American Airlines flight that crashed into the World Trade Tower on 9/11/2001.
- Roger Marion: French police officer.
- Ryszard Kotla: Polish travel writer and activist
- Dick Roche: Irish politician Minister of State for European Affairs
- Terje Venaas: Norwegian bassist
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- How are Things in Glocca Mora? - Dick Haymes
- Linda - Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?