Tuesday 2 June 1970
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Everything Is Beautiful by Ray Stevens.
In UK Back Home by England World Cup Squad was in the top 5 hits.
The Out of Towners, directed by Arthur Hiller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1970!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1970 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Marty Mcinnis: Weymouth, Massachusetts -- NHL left wing (NY Islanders).
- Mike Kelly: Baseball player.
- Randy Fuller: NFL defensive back (Pittsburgh Steelers).
- Eric Riley: NBA center (Dallas Mavericks, Minnesota Timberwolves).
- B-Real : American rapper producer and actor (Cypress Hill and Kush).
- Norway announces that it has rich oil deposits off its North Sea coast.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Stevens - Everything Is Beautiful
- The Poppy Family - Which Way You Goin' Billy?
- The Moments - Love On A Two-Way Street
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Up Around The Bend
- Simon & Garfunkel - Cecilia
- Rare Earth - Get Ready
- Joe Cocker - The Letter
- The Guess Who - American Woman
- Chicago - Make Me Smile
- The Beatles - The Long And Winding Road
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?