Friday 19 June 1970
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Gray and Claire Mitchell-Taverner.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Long And Winding Road by The Beatles.
In UK In The Summertime by Mungo Jerry was in the top 5 hits.
Chisum, directed by Andrew V. McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Shadows of Fear.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 1970!
Which were the important events of 19 June 1970 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- Chris Gray: NFL guard (Miami Dolphins, Chicago Bears).
- Claire Mitchell-Taverner: Australian field hockey midfielder (1996 Olympics).
- Leonard Humphries: CFL cornerback (BC Lions).
- Quincy Dushawn Watts: Detroit, Michigan -- 400m runner.
- Rahul Gandhi: Indian politician, Vice President of the Indian National Congress and the Chairperson of the Indian Youth Congress and the National Students Union of India.
- Brian Welch: Guitarist
- Antonis Remos: German-Greek singer
- Lauren Ward: American singer and actress
- Quincy Watts: American sprinter and football player
- Nia Zulkarnaen: Indonesian actress singer and producer
- Conservatives win British parliamentary election
- Yanks Horace Clarke breaks up a no-hitter in the 9th for the 2nd of 3 times in 28 days
- A Nikolayev and V Sevastyanov return after 18 days in Soyuz 9.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 June 1970
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - The Long And Winding Road
- The Jackson 5 - The Love You Save
- The Poppy Family - Which Way You Goin' Billy?
- Rare Earth - Get Ready
- Three Dog Night - Mama Told Me (Not To Come)
- The Temptations - Ball Of Confusion (That's What The World Is Today)
- The Moments - Love On A Two-Way Street
- Joe Cocker - The Letter
- Vanity Fare - Hitchin' A Ride
- Melanie - Lay Down (Candles In The Rain)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?