Tuesday 3 August 1920
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Penalty, directed by Wallace Worsley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 1920!
Which were the important events of 3 August 1920 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
- Elmar Tampold: Estonian-born Canadian architect.
- Max Fatchen: Australian journalist and author (d. 2012).
- P James: English crime writer.
- Charlie Shavers: American trumpet player and composer (d. 1971).
- Elmar Tampõld: Estonian-Canadian architect (d. 2013).
- Maria Karnilova: Hartford, Connecticut -- Actress (Olga-Ivan the Terrible)
- P D James: Mystery writer (Cover Her Face)
- Phyllis D "P D" James: English thriller writer (Innocent Blood)
- Irish War of Independence: Catholics riot in Belfast.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Left All Alone Again Blues - Marion Harris
- John McCormack - The Barefoot Trail
- Alexandria - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
- My Sahara Rose - Happy Six
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?