Friday 13 August 1920
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Penalty, directed by Wallace Worsley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1920!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1920 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Jean Honore: French ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic, formerly Archbishop of Tours, elevated to to Cardinal on February 21, 2001.
- Charlie Alfred Galbraith: Jazz trombonist.
- George Shearing: London, England -- Blind pianist / composer (Lullabye of Byrdland).
- Neville Brand: American actor (d. 1992).
- 24th US Golf Open: Ted Ray shoots a 295 at Inverness Club in Ohio
- Polish-Soviet War: the Battle of Warsaw begins and will last till August 25. The Red Army is defeated.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?