Tuesday 10 August 1920
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Penalty, directed by Wallace Worsley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1920!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1920 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Henry Lafont: French aviator, the last surviving French veteran of the Battle of Britain.
- Antonio Voci: Italian figurative artist with the largest group of owners of his works residing in Switzerland, England, Germany, Italy, Canada and the US; as well as various works scattered the world over.
- Red Holzman: American basketball Head Coach: led the Knicks to two NBA Championships, in 1970 and '72.
- William "Red" Holzman: NBA coach (NY Knickerbockers, 754 wins).
- Daniel Cordier: French militant royalist, a 'Camelot du roi,' committed to the Free France Forces from June 1940 and serving as the Secretary of Jean Moulin in 1942-1943.
- Adam Politzer: Hungarian-Austrian physician (Born 1835).
- Allies recognize Poland, Czechoslovakia and Romania
- Turkish Government renounces its claim to Israel, recognizes British mandate
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?