Thursday 3 January 1924
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Der Mann mit der eisernen Maske, directed by Max Glass, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1924.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1924!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1924 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Jean Muno: Belgian novelist, birth name Robert Burniaux, pen name Jean Muno, writing in French.
- Andre Franquin: Belgian cartoonist (Gaston Lagaffe) (d. 1997).
- Henry M Fazzie: South African Union / UDF-leader.
- Roy Harding: British teacher.
- André Franquin: Belgian comic strip author.
- Doug Ellis: British entrepreneur
- Gordon Duquemin: American military, a career man who saw action in several arenas, including Korea and Vietnam, and rose to the rank of Major General.
- Marv Myers: American cartoonist, noted for his cartoon collection, "Zodiac Humor," which was published by Astro-Analytics a few years ago. He currently draws the wine-tasting cartoon in the Los Angeles Times. He illustrated Phyllis Diller's comic strip "Phyllis and Fang" in the late 1960s.
- Otto Beisheim: German businessman and philanthropist founded Metro AG (d. 2013)
- Nell Rankin: American soprano and educator (d. 2005)
- British egyptologist Howard Carter finds sarcophagus of Tutankhamun
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?