Saturday 3 January 1942
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Man Who Came to Dinner, directed by William Keighley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1942!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1942 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- John Marsden: Australian lawyer, gay activist (d. 2006).
- John Thaw: English actor and producer (d. 2002).
- Vasco Moura: Portuguese poet, and translator as well as politician and administrator for the arts.
- David Roosevelt: American business leader, an investment manager from a noted family, being the twelfth grandchild of president Franklin D. Roosevelt and first lady, Eleanor Roosevelt.
- Manuel Aragon: Spanish film director of ten films, filled with political commentary mixed with melodrama.
- Pauline Beersmans [PLJM van Cuyck]: Flemish actress, dies at age 70.
- American-British-Dutch-Australian (ABDA) Command forms.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 3 January 1942 and get them!