Tuesday 3 July 2012
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen.
Girl with Hyacinths, directed by Hasse Ekman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades Darker by E L James was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 2012!
Which were the important events of 3 July 2012 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 03 July
- Syrian uprising (2011-present):
- A Human Rights Watch report claims that Syrian intelligence agencies are running 27 torture centers across Syria. (CNN)
- At least 25 people are killed and 40 wounded in a truck bombing in the market place of the Iraqi city of Diwaniyah. (AP via Google News)
- Bob Diamond resigns as the Chief Executive of British bank Barclays following a scandal in which the bank tried to manipulate the Libor and Euribor interest rates systems. (BBC)
- A major earthquake strikes New Zealand with minor damage reported. (ABC News)
- Pakistan decides to reopen key NATO supply routes into Afghanistan after U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton apologized for a NATO airstrike that killed 26 Pakistani soldiers and officials in November 2011. (BBC)
- Police search the home and offices of former French president Nicolas Sarkozy as part of a judicial investigation into financial relations between his political camp and L'Oréal heiress Liliane Bettencourt. (Reuters)
- The current governing coalition in Romania, the Social Liberal Union, starts a fast-paced parliamentary offensive against President Traian Basescu by dismissing the leaders of both chambers of Parliament. (Reuters)
- Hundreds of activists demonstrate in Ramallah to protest against the violent dispersal of two similar rallies at the weekend in a rare expression of public discontent with the ruling party of the Palestinian Authority headed by Mahmud Abbas. (AFP)
- American gambler Antonio Esfandiari wins the 2012 World Series of Poker $1,000,000 Buy-In ampquotThe Big One for One Dropampquot with the highest prize money in poker of $18.3 million. (AP via NBC Sports)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2012 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?