Friday 3 June 2011
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Rolling In The Deep by Adele.
Super 8, directed by J.J. Abrams, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Love Your Garden.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Black Eyed Peas Experience or SpongeBob SquigglePants.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 June 2011!
Which were the important events of 3 June 2011 ?
- Kevin Bokelmann - St Kevin's Day.
- Feast day of St Charles Lwanga and Companions, Martyrs of Uganda.
- Roman Empire - Festival to Bellona.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 03 June
- Yemeni uprising:
- A rocket attack on the presidential palace in Sana'a during the Battle of Sana'a leaves president Ali Abdullah Saleh lightly injured and seven other top government officials wounded, including Prime Minister Ali Muhammad Mujawar. Four presidential guards and Sheikh Ali Mohsen al-Matari, an imam at the mosque, were killed. (Deseret News)
- Syrian uprising:
- At least 34 more protesters are killed by Syrian security forces in protest marches dedicated to children who have died during the demonstrations (''The New York Times'')
- U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon says that more than 1,000 people have now died in Syria since the conflict began. (CNN)
- Libyan civil war:
- At least 150 people drown when an overcrowded boat carrying about 850 refugees fleeing Libya capsized off the Tunisian coast scores more are still missing as a search for survivors by Tunisian authorities continues. (CNN)
- Sudanese government troops and Sudan Liberation Army rebels clash in the western Darfur region two SLA rebels are reported killed. (Reuters)
- More than 200 Afghan militants cross over into Pakistan and attack a security checkpoint in northwest Pakistan, sparking a clash in which 28 Pakistani security forces and six civilians die, along with 45 Afghans. (CNN)
- Somali government forces and African Union troops expel al Qaeda-linked militants from their last outpost in the western part of Mogadishu, opening up a main road in the city. (CNN)
- In two bombing attacks in Iraq, 17 people are killed and 50 others wounded in a blast outside of the Presidential Palaces Mosque in central Tikrit, Iraq and later by a suicide bomber in a Tikrit hospital treating the wounded from the first attack, killing six people and injuring ten at the hospital. (CNN)
- 2011 Egyptian revolution: A female journalist is attacked in Cairo's Tahrir Square while covering a demonstration demanding an immediate trial for former President of Egypt Hosni Mubarak. (RIA Novosti)
- American actor James Arness, best known for playing Marshal Matt Dillon in ''Gunsmoke'', dies in Brentwood, California, aged 88. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- Greek prime minister, George Papandreou presents a plan for further austerity-measure privatizations in return for more international aid to avoid defaulting on its debt following a 110 billion Euro bailout last year that has so far failed to resolve the Greek economic crisis Greece's main labor unions have called for a general strike on June 15. (CNN)
- Barack Obama, the President of the United States, announces the sale of the US government's stake in Chrysler to Italian automaker Fiat at a visit to a plant at Toledo, Ohio. (''Detroit Free Press'')
- Australian airline Qantas announces plans to offer 350 flight attendants voluntary redundancies. (AAP via ''Courier-Mail'')
- Workers for Canada Post start a mail strike. (CBC)
- 57 people are injured, and 28,000 people have been forced to evacuate, following an explosion at an army munitions depot in Russia's western Ural Mountains region. (CNN)
- Four people are killed and one seriously injured in an explosion at a Chevron Corporation storage tank at a refinery in western Wales it is not immediately clear what caused the explosion. (CNN)
- 2011 Missouri River floods
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?