Wednesday 3 June 2009
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
The Hangover, directed by Todd Phillips, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Video Games AWESOME!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ball Fighter or Batman: Arkham Asylum.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 June 2009!
Which were the important events of 3 June 2009 ?
- Kevin Bokelmann - St Kevin's Day.
- Feast day of St Charles Lwanga and Companions, Martyrs of Uganda.
- Roman Empire - Festival to Bellona.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 03 June
- The Organization of American States revokes its 47-year suspension of Cuba. (Reuters)
- Ireland's State Examinations Commission postpones a Leaving Certificate Exam because of an accidental content leak. ''(The Irish Times)''
- Labour Party Members of the United Kingdom's Parliament circulate an e-mail that requests Prime Minister Gordon Brown's resignation. (Sky News)
- The remotely operated vehicle ''Nereus'' reaches the Challenger Deep in the Pacific Ocean's Mariana Trench. (BBC)
- Indian Member of Parliament Meira Kumar becomes the first female Speaker of the House of the People. (Al Jazeera)
- Al-Qaeda founder Osama bin Laden criticizes United States President Barack Obama on an audio cassette. ''(The Times)''
- President Jacob Zuma vows to create 500,000 jobs through 2009 in South Africa's State of the Nation Address. (Forbes)
- The Nigerian government recaptures 130 of 150 inmates who escaped from a prison in Enugu. (BBC)
- Former Malagasy President Marc Ravalomanana is sentenced ''in absentia'' to incarceration until 2013 for misconduct. (BBC)
- American author Marilynne Robinson wins the Orange Prize for Fiction for her novel ''Home''. (BBC)
- The U.S. state of New Hampshire legalizes same-sex marriage. (''Boston Globe'')
- The al-Qaeda Organization in the Islamic Maghreb executes British hostage Edwin Dwyer in the Sahara. (Sky News)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 June 2009
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2009 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?