Friday 4 March 1927
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Metropolis, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1927!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1927 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Jacques Dupin: France Writer.
- Robert Di Domenica: Composer.
- Thayer David in Medford: Massachusetts, USA; actor (Eiger Sanction, Rocky, Nero Wolfe, Savages).
- Philip Batt: 29th Governor of Idaho.
- Phil Batt: American soldier and politician 29th Governor of Idaho.
- Thayer David: Actor (Rocky, Roots, Savages), dies at 51
- Robert Orben: American magician and author
- Cy Touff: American trumpet player (d. 2003)
- Richard Savitt: Bayonne sports Champions
- Martin Walser: German writer, famous for describing the conflicts his anti-heroes have in his novels and stories. In 1998 he was awarded the Peace Prize of the German Book Trade in Frankfurt. He is married and has four daughters from this marriage: Franziska Walser is a renowned actress; Alissa Walser is a writer-and-painter; Johanna Walser, and Theresia Walser are professional writers.
- Dick Savitt: American tennis player and champion of the Wimbledon Men's Singles in 1951.
- A diamond rush in South Africa includes trained athletes that have been hired by major companies to stake claims.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?