Wednesday 23 March 1927
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Osvaldo Lacerda and Mato Damjanovic.
Mr. Wu, directed by William Nigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1927!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1927 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Osvaldo Lacerda: Composer.
- Mato Damjanovic: Croatian chess grandmaster (d. 2011).
- Raymond Maric: French author of comics, who died on 12 September 2005.
- Jacques Poly: French scientist, agronomist engineer, and geneticist, who was president and CEO of the National Institute for Agricultural Research.
- Kurt Semm: German gynecologist.
- Mato Damjanović: Croatian chess player (d. 2011)
- Paul Cesar Helleu: French artist (Born 1859).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?