Monday 4 November 1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Strange Woman, directed by Edgar Ulmer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 November 1946!
Which were the important events of 4 November 1946 ?
- Michel Bras: French chef.
- Jug Suraiya: Indian journalist, author and columnist.
- Bernard Lemaire: French senior official who died on 6 March 2009.
- Frederick Elmes: American cinematographer.
- Laura Bush: American First Lady, the wife of George W. Bush, who was inaugurated as a U.S.
- Robert Mapplethorpe: American contemporary photographer whose prints began at a price of $5,000 while sittings started at $10,000. A retrospective of his photos was exhibited at the Whitney Museum in August 1988. Having studied at Pratt Institute in Brooklyn from 1963-1970, he began his career as an independent film maker and artist. He first gained widespread notice in the late '70s for elegantly composed, and beautifully printed, black-and-white photos of male figures, many of which were explicitly homosexual. His
- Park Avenue opens at Shubert Theater NYC for 72 performances
- UN Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization formed
- UNESCO established as a specialized agency of the United Nations.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1946 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Old Lamp-Lighter - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Ole Buttermilk Sky - Paul Weston & His Orchestra
- Put that Kiss Back Where You Found It - Sam Donahue & His Orchestra
- This is Always - Harry James & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?